Monday, April 02, 2007

Hmm...

So i had a meeting with my supervisor.. HE asked me my opinion on alot of things, and i was probably too honest with most things (though i didnt imply that i was looking for a new job), but anyways, It was an interesting time.... I told him why i was so shy and how i felt just weird in general around everyone and that i was depressed and felt isolated.. And attributed it to me being a foreigner (its a nice fall back for my personal lackings...hiding behind a lable sometimes..hmm...its odd...just odd...i dont know what to think.) Well, anyways, we talked for an hour (in japanese) and things got better i think. Im still shy as hell, but at least he probably understands me somewhat more than he did before... I dont think it changes me looking for alternative jobs, but it has made things somewhat more barable at the BOE for the time being (well, that is for the rest of today). Well, i think i have decided to go to the states and visit my family for a week or something, but i am going to come back and spend a few days in tokyo interviewing.. Well, i dont feel as down today, and have the weekend to look forward to... I wish i had some pictures to post, but its been a few days since i have taken my camera out. Well, when i go to tokyo ill be sure to take a few pictures....heh... Well, anyways, we shall see how things go..

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where you will be visiting if you come to us (other than nc?)
This is ryne, i've forgotten the password ...

10:51 PM  
Blogger matt said...

Just NC... I would love to visit Wisc for a few days... but feel my time would be too short to do so...Maybe i could fit in a flight to go visit you guys when my brother flies back... but since im only staying for 6 days in the states, i dont think I will have time to do much... damn... I would like to visit though..we should meet up anyways, you should come here!!! heh....why not for graduation? heh.. X_X

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would really love to. I'll try to assess my financial situation over the next few months to see what is doable.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, what is a reasonable rate for airfare between Chicago and Tokyo? I've spent a bit of time looking and haven't seen anything below $1000

4:41 PM  
Blogger matt said...

you should check out JTB.com or kayak.com for airfares... I could help you find some if you want to come over this way, that would be great...heh.. i could show you around or whatever... tell me what date you were thinking of coming over? I could give you a budget tour or some of japan, heh....well the supperficial aspects (not to imply that there is an essence to a cultural schema/ideological artifacts or anything)...well, just tell me..

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I start my summer job shortly after graduation. If I were to take the trip this year, the beginning of September would probably be the time to do it. I checked out Kayak and the best rate was about $950. I've heard of people finding rates for close to $500, but that's probably not possible year round. I'm not sure how much I would need to spend once I arrived, but I think I could handle things if I found a ticket for roughly $500.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home