Monday, June 12, 2006

Pathetic little rant....

Today I did something I feel is completely unnecessary (ignoring the question of necessity, and desire for a moment, another time another temporal conjecture). Consuming gifts, a gift economy. For some reason I have a difficult time accepting things at first, but mostly that is a facade I deploy to show myself as an ascetic who can get bye fine without such material artifacts. In a sense, I feel that I have attached myself to some materiality as if to identify myself through it, or rather a relationship through it (as superficial as that may seem, but then again the concept of superficiality presupposes that there is something deeper, something more 'true' or platonic at the root of it all). All these things constantly fly through my mind as I rapidly consume in order to expropriate myself from this locality and transit to another intercept consummating some now long dead oriental fantasies (everything involving the other, or an object could be said to exist within the cognitive realm of 'oriental')of a different self. Hopefully this unprecedented bout of consuming superfluous materials will signify my departure from being interpolated in our society, as I reach a parallax and deconstruct/reconstruct who I am, a sense of identity, in a new environment. Thus I depart for the night, random thoughts, nothing coherent...Would I want it to be any other way? I feel my critical side has become subsumed as of lately, oh well...Slumber calls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home